Tuesday 17 March 2020
The Sport and Physical Activity sector in Jersey is already experiencing significant challenges as a result of Coronavirus and the impact will increase in the coming days and weeks.
Jersey Sport, as the representative body for the sector, is dedicated to supporting the sporting bodies and their fantastic volunteers through this challenging time.
We are focusing on two key areas to support sporting organisations and to help islanders stay active:
Advocating for the Sporting Sector
- Understanding the financial and social impact Coronavirus is having on our sports clubs, associations and group. Please email us at [email protected] detailing what the likely impact will be on your organisation.
- We will collate the key messages and work closely with the Government of Jersey to advise them of the likely impact of Coronavirus on the sports sector.
- We will use the information to develop appropriate support measures for sporting organisations and to advocate for these to be considered and implemented by the Government of Jersey.
- We will continue to monitor all the Government of Jersey, British and other Governing Body of Sports’ guidance and continue to provide information for sports in Jersey with regard to the impact of Coronavirus.
- Our officers are available at all times on the numbers below to provide advice and to support sports in any way required during these unprecedented and difficult times.
- Most of all, sport is built on a foundation of competitive spirit and delivered by an exceptional team of dedicated volunteers. Together we will ensure we support sport to come out the other side ready to rejuvenate sport in Jersey.
Supporting islanders to stay active whenever and wherever possible, as now, more than ever, being active is hugely important to supporting islanders’ mental and physical health.
- If you are practising social distancing, we have developed this handy guide to help you maintain physical activity at home and outdoors. https://www.jerseysport.je/news/coronavirus-guidance-for-exercise/
- If you are self-isolating, we have developed some guidance on how to be active in your home. https://www.jerseysport.je/news/coronavirus-guidance-for-exercising-whilst-self-isolating/
Here is a reminder of our Jersey Sport contacts:
- James Tilley, Sports Partnership Manager, 757710
- David Kennedy, General Manager, 757713
- Catriona McAllister, CEO, 757714
- Cirsty de Gruchy, Move More Jersey Manager, 757708
Please note guidance is regularly changing, and Jersey Sport will update guidance for sport and advice on exercise as soon as any updates are available.