Moving more is good for your mental and physical health. Even if you move for ten minutes more than you did yesterday, it’s good for you – you just need to make that first step!
Living an active life is important to stay healthy, both physically and mentally. Staying active is proven to help prevent and treat diseases such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, breast and colon cancer.
It also helps to prevent hypertension, being overweight, obesity and can improve mental health, quality of life and well-being. Being active also helps people to maintain healthy sleeping habits.
There are also many social benefits from being active too –from meeting new friends, getting out and about, to improvements in self esteem and confidence.
Did you know moving more can:
• make you feel happier and improve your mental health
• help with weight loss and to manage your weight
• improve your muscle and bone health
• promote a better sex life
• lower your cholesterol level
• help you meet new people
• improve the health of your heart
• give you more energy
• reduce your risk of a heart attack or stroke
• help your brain health and memory
• help with relaxation and sleep quality
• reduce pain
For those still in full-time education, it is proven being active improves academic outcomes and young people who start being active are more likely to sustain active lives as adults.
Being active for health doesn’t require you to run marathons or play a competitive sport. The most important thing is that you’re staying active.
Movemore.je has lots of helpful tips you can build into your day that make active living a habit, not a chore.
When you take a call on your mobile phone, walk around the house, the office or the street whilst on the call.